I’m just going to come out and say it… I am obsessed with Greek Mythology. I got hooked when my 9th grade teacher made us read The Odyssey in class. It was an exhilarating adventure that sparked an interest in something that I otherwise knew nothing about. That obsession has stayed with me over the years and today I want to share some tips on how to unlock your goddess energy.
*this post contains affiliate links
1.Connect with nature.
Many Goddesses (and Gods) have a strong connection with nature.
Artemis is the Greek Goddess the wilderness, wild animals, and hunting.
Many Goddesses across all cultures have a strong connection to nature in some way. Building a deeper connection with nature is an incredible way to activate the Goddess inside of you.
It is especially important in this fast paced world because we don’t take as much time as we should to appreciate and connect with nature.
Here are a few ways to connect with nature
- Raise butterflies (if you can’t raise butterflies, I suggest spending more time outside observing nature) I was able to do something that I have wanted to do for a long time, raise monarch butterflies. I have always been fascinated with the magic a caterpillars transformation to butterfly, and I was lucky enough to come into contact with someone who let me raise some of her butterfly babies.
It was a very eye opening experience. We all know the life cycle of a butterfly, but getting to watch it in real time was absolutely divine. It made me feel like I was hacking my life by accessing hidden goddess energy inside of me.
- Earthing (or grounding). Earthing is the practice of walking barefoot outside to connect skin to skin with the earth. I haven’t done it very often but I love the way it sand, grass, and dirt feels under my feet.
- Spend time outside in the rain. Feel the rain drops as they fall on your skin. Be mindful about the sounds of the rainfall, the breeze as it connects with your body, etc.
- Gardening I started a beautiful container garden a couple of years ago and it brings me so much happiness. It also makes me feel so much more connected to the earth. I have a mixture of food and flowers. Eating food that I’ve grown myself is incredible.
2. Pull your goddess energy from the moon
A couple of weeks ago I wrote an awesome blog post about how to live in alignment with the moon for total beginners. Not only is the moon absolutely stunning, but we are able to use the moons energy for our personal journey.
In Greek Mythology there is a moon goddess named Selene. She is the daughter Titans Hyperion and Theia, she is also the sister of Helios. The moon has been influencing the world since the beginning of time yet many of us know so little about how to build a stronger connection with it.
3. Study Gods and Goddesses
When one wants to start living more like a goddess, it might be a wise idea to start with the experts. I’m absolutely obsessed with Greek Mythology and I’ve read several books on the matter. It is wonderful to hear the stories of the gods and goddesses and I can learn a lot from them.
If you ever get bored and want to do some research yourself, I highly recommend this book. I listened to the book on Audible, I loved it so much that I went to the bookstore to pick up a physical copy.
4. Understand and accept your place in the world.
One thing I learned from studying Mythology is that there is pretty much a god/goddess for everything.
- Sun God
- Messenger God
- Goddess of Love
- Goddess of the Moon
- Goddess of Fertility
Every god/goddess is divine in their own way.
The same goes for you. No matter what path you take in your life you are an important part of your family, friends, place of work, and the world. You are special the way you are and you hold more power than you know.
When you are trying to unlock your goddess energy it is important to understand just how incredible you really are. As women we are so strong, beautiful and powerful. We are the givers of life. If you want some major motivation on the power of women then I recommend you watch this video.
5. Connect with your mind, body, and soul to unlock your goddess energy.
To unlock all the powers inside you, you must make a sacred connection with the innermost parts of yourself. You must care for your mind, body, and soul.
In today’s society women often put themselves on the backburner because they are busy working and trying to keep up with life. Tap into your Goddess energy by slowing down, getting to know yourself, and loving yourself.