Well hello, Darling. Welcome to the Gorgeous Life. If you are new here, my name is Victoria and I help women like you create a life of elegance and class with my Modern Elegance course. Today we are talking about Supermodels and what elegant women can learn from them.
I don’t know about you, but I’m completely fascinated by the fashion industry. I could never survive as a model but I think the entire supermodel lifestyle is so fascinating. I grew up watching the Victoria’s Secret Fashion show and America’s Next Top Model.
I love the sports illustrated swimsuit edition and seeing all the beautiful women on there. I also love how the industry is changing and we are FINALLY starting to see women of all shapes, sizes, and colors in the magazines.
Despite what people say about modeling and the fashion industry, models have to exercise extreme discipline to maintain their careers. They have to have a good diet, and an exercise routine, adhere to crazy schedules, fly through multiple time zones and be ready for a photo shoot or to walk the runway in some crazy heels and outfit.
Models live a demanding life and are always on the go. They must always be ready for a photo shoot, so they have to keep up appearances, keep their body in shape, and they also have to be smart about what they say at media appearances because they are a representation of the agency.
Supermodels have a number of habits that elegant women can incorporate into their daily lives to elevate themselves, here are my favorites:
- Eat healthy-models have to stick to a strict diet in order to maintain their flawless bodies. It takes a lot of discipline which is something I personally need to work on.
- Top notch skin care– The worlds top models are making sure their skin is well taken care of. They wear SPF, they see the top dermatologists and estheticians, and their diet is rich in nutrients that promote healthy, glowing skin.
- They know how to take a good photo. With literally everything on social media these days, I think it is important for everyone to learn their angles, their good side, and how to pose for a photo-because everything always ends up on the internet.
- They have a few pairs of good sunglasses. Sunglasses prevent squinting and protect the face from the sun rays. Supermodels are always rocking a cute pair of sunglasses.
- They have crazy fitness routines. I just recently started my own fitness routine and sticking to it is hard. These models are working with the best trainers and making sure they don’t miss their workouts.
- They wear light makeup and still look stunning. One thing I learned on America’s Next Top Model, is that most of the time, less is more. Especially when it comes to makeup. Models are great at looking flawless wearing very little makeup or none at all.
- Smile– Models have beautiful smiles and always seem to be glowing. So when in doubt, jut smile.
- Walk in heels. Models are always wearing heels and they are pros at walking in them. My tip is only wear heels that is comfortable for you. Anything painful or uncomfortable just isn’t going to be fun to walk in.
- Wear lots of black, and basic clothes. As I said before, less is more and I am learning the value of living with less as I am slowly transitioning into my version of a minimalist lifestyle. Models wear very basic, classic, timeless outfits.
- Signature scent. There is nothing wrong with smelling like an angel at all times. Make sure you have a signature scent at all times, even when travelling.
Although model life is very challenging and certainly not all of us are cut out for the job, we can take these little habits from supermodels and apply them to our daily life to help us present ourselves better and raise out self esteem.
Take your life to the next level
If you loved these tips and plan on applying them in your life, you would love my signature course, Modern Elegance, Simplified. This online course will help you go from every day woman to classy bombshell next door!
Here’s just a taste of what you will learn:
- 20+ Etiquette rules all elegant women should know.
- How to dress like an elegant woman.
- Elegant tips I’ve learned from the Royal Family.
- How to command attention in a classy way.
- How to be elegant in a toxic situation.
- 50 Ways to be elegant each day.
- 7 ways to boost your intelligence.
- 5 ways to be more sophisticated
- Hobbies elegant women have
- 10 ways to look polished every day
- How to be graceful like a Princess
- …and more!